Do you thrive in an environment where innovation and change are encouraged? If you are a big-picture person who is not afraid to make decisions, take responsibility for them, and strives to complete things on time – we want to talk to you! We continue to raise the bar in innovation and quality and seek people who want to make a real difference in healthcare.
Eclipsys is a leading provider of advanced clinical, financial and management information software and service solutions to more than 1,500 healthcare facilities. Eclipsys empowers healthcare organizations to improve patient safety, revenue cycle management and operational efficiency through innovative information solutions.
Our Technology Solutions Center (TSC) provides a complement of remote-hosting options to our customers including remote processing of Eclipsys and non-Eclipsys applications and disaster recovery. Today, over 100 healthcare organizations are tapping into the expertise, equipment and round-the-clock computing services of the TSC’s state-of-the-art hosting facility based in Mountain Lakes, New Jersey. The TSC can host Eclipsys solutions, as well as applications from its strategic partners and other non-Eclipsys applications that complement Eclipsys solutions. The center can provide and maintain all aspects of a Healthcare Organization’s hosted IT infrastructure, including operating systems, database software, systems and database administration, continuous capacity planning and monitoring, and Wide Area Network (WAN) infrastructure.
We are currently hiring a Senior SQL Server Database Administrator for the TSC. We seek self-starters who are results oriented, work well independently and have excellent customer service skills. You will be approachable, teachable, and a team player with a strong desire to continue learning and expanding your experience in a high impact, client focused environment.
Job Purpose and Scope:
The Senior Database Administrator is responsible for all activities related to installation, administration, and maintenance of computerized relational databases including RDBMS object design, maintenance and migration.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Perform database backups, restores, integrity checks, optimizations, performance tuning, and database troubleshooting.
• Develop custom backup/restore and disaster recovery plans for production servers.
• Design and implementation of data disaster recovery procedures including construction of scripts and programs at the database level
• Installing, configuring, administering and securing production servers.
• Implementing and administering database replication between SQL Server databases, as well as dissimilar databases.
• Upgrading and upsizing databases from earlier versions to the latest versions.
• Develop and support database processes and workflows necessary for product production using DTS packages, stored procedures, batch jobs, and system reports.
• Participate in database support activities throughout the full lifecycle of a project.
• Provide On-call Production Support as needed.
• Problem identification and resolution
• Recommend and use database administration tools which improve support effectiveness and minimize downtime
• Provide support and guidance to maintain and adhere to database standards, backup procedures, and routine and periodic database maintenance processes
• Database Connectivity/Networking – Understand the design and characteristics of SQL Server networking by maintaining optimal performance between databases to resolve latency.
• Follow procedures and plans to monitor database activities including reaciing to alerts and creating new alerts.
• Understanding the requirements for growth and capacity planning, data storage optimization as it relates to performance, and space planning for new business opportunities.
• Review TSC Vision Statement and the Quality Policy periodically and understand TSC’s commitment to excellent client service and continual improvement and conform to these policies and TSC principles at all times.
• Review the Quality System Responsibility Matrix to understand the quality procedures that apply to your specific assignment(s) within the scope of this job position and conform to these procedures, including any reporting (and/or record keeping) responsibilities
• Report any client problem or any service degradation that may cause potential client problems per applicable procedures.
• Communicate improvement ideas that you have regarding the TSC service quality or client satisfaction per established means.
• 3 plus years experience as a Database Administrator responsible for the design, implementation and support of SQL Server databases.
• Extensive physical database administration experience in supporting MS SQL Server database systems on Windows NT/ 2000/ 2003 platforms.
• Strong working knowledge of relational database management systems and related tools (e.g. Enterprise Manager, Query Analyzer, OSQL, Profiler, SQL Server Job Agent, Analysis Services and Performance Monitor) is required.
• Strong knowledge of database design, normalization, and data structures
• Possess a solid understanding of SQL queries and transactions in order to recommend strategies to optimally manage database resources and improve performance
• Ability to work from ISO 9000 procedures
• Detail-oriented, able to organize, adjust and prioritize responsibilities accordingly.
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Desired Skills and Experience:
• IT experience in a healthcare environment a plus
• Datacenter experience a plus
• MCSE/MCDBA preferred
Our employees work as a cohesive team to define and solve problems, develop solutions, and promote our collective objectives. The continued growth and success of Eclipsys is dependent upon the efforts and contributions of every employee. At Eclipsys, our employees truly are our greatest assets.
Consider joining our team. We offer a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, and an entrepreneurial, innovative, team-oriented environment.
For fastest response, please apply at
Eclipsys is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer
To learn more about Eclipsys and the products and services we provide, please visit www.eclipsys.com.