The Senior SQL Server Developer will act as a leader in the design and development of proprietary SQL Server based database code. Initially, this person will play a lead role in the migration of company’s transactional systems and data warehouse from SQL Server 2000 to SQL Server 2005.
- Participate in analysis of current systems to determine impact of upgrade
- Define and implement approaches to load and extract data from multiple sources using SSIS
- Act as a Senior Developer to resolve complex technical issues for the team and review ETL code before migrating to production
- Build physical ETL processes (stored procedures, VB, Active X, etc.)
- Teach other team members the differences between SQL Server 2005 and 2000 and how to best implement the changes
In the months following the upgrade, if both parties are in agreement, the Sr. SQL Server Developer would work on the following:
- Design and develop incremental ETL code for the first two data marts of the Data Warehouse
- Participate in the design, development, unit testing and documentation of a Data Warehouse Mart as well as SQL Server ETL code for a proprietary Risk Management System
- Coordinate with Business Systems Analysts and Project Managers to clarify and resolve issues with business requirements
Further details upon interest.
If you are interested in this positon, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with job code ‘NJSQL’.