SQL Server Data Base Administrator
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
The SQL Server Database Administrator’s role is to install, monitor, maintain, consult and implement production and test databases throughout the organization. The position requires at least 5 years relational database administration experience with the majority of that experience in SQL Server 2000 and 2005. The DBA will be involved in many levels of the Software Development Lifecycle including, technical design, optimizing database performance, capacity planning and system test support.
▪ Proven ability to communicate with managers, colleagues, and subordinates
▪ Ability to work with large integrated cross functional teams to accomplish the larger mission
▪ Outstanding attitude and a desire to ensure customer success
▪ Configure SQL Server 2005 RDBMS components on Windows OS
▪ Maintain and upgrade database servers
▪ Provide advice to applications and infrastructure staff regarding SQL Server components and configurations; advise developers to write optimal code
▪ Implement database monitoring and make performance recommendations
▪ Create and Maintain database backup scripts and procedures
▪ Has an understanding of and experience with all of the phases of the SDLC.
▪ Provide expertise in T-SQL including queries, stored procedures and triggers
▪ Monitor automated jobs and processes
▪ Ensure optimal performance and conduct tuning of databases and their processes
▪ Resolve problems and issues within the production environment
▪ Conduct capacity planning
▪ Ensures that completed work meets with all IS best practices and policies.
▪ Familiar with data warehousing database design and schema configurations; star and snowflake schema; dimensional modeling; highly de-normalized models
▪ Is willing to administer and support mission critical 24×7 applications.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related field.
- MCITP DBA
- 5-7+ years of information technology experience. Including:
Manager of Business Intelligence
If you are interested in this position, please contact Joe Morris with job code ‘NJSQL’.